United Airlines Commences Daily Nonstop Service Between Sydney and Houston
The route is designed to bring faster and more convenient access to the U.S. and beyond via the enhanced Houston hub. Passengers will enjoy flying on the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, an aircraft that has revolutionized the flying experience.
Fares start from just $1399*pp return in Economy Class.
United Airlines has commenced its daily, nonstop service between Sydney and its Houston hub. The new flight offers travellers from Sydney convenient access to Houston as well as many other cities across the U.S, Canada and Latin America.
This flight marks United’s third direct route from Sydney to the U.S., with the other routes providing direct daily nonstop access to United’s West Coast hubs in Los Angeles and San Francisco. The flight will also be United’s second longest route operated at 8,596 miles, just behind Singapore to Los Angeles, which launched in October last year.
Sydney – Houston Flight Schedule
Flight UA 100 will depart Sydney Airport at 11:50 a.m. daily, arriving at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport at 10:35 a.m. the same day. The return flight, UA 101 will depart Houston at 8:00 p.m. daily, arriving in Sydney at 6:30 a.m. two days later (all times local). Flying time will be approximately 15 hours and 45 minutes (northbound) and 17 hours and 30 minutes (southbound).
United Airlines has timed arrival to Houston to provide optimal connections to more than 70 cities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
|UA100||Sydney||Houston||11:50 a.m.||10:35 a.m.||15 h. 45 m.||Daily|
|UA101||Houston||Sydney||8:00 p.m.||6:30 a.m. (+2*)||17 h. 30 m.||Daily|
* Two days later
United’s flight between Sydney and Houston will be operated with Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft with a total of 252 seats – 48 flat-bed seats in United Polaris business class, 88 Economy Plus seats and 116 seats in United Economy.
United Polaris Business Class features a reimagined, sleep-enhancing experience for intercontinental travellers, including elevated inflight food and beverages, tranquil custom bedding from Saks Fifth Avenue, comfortable pajamas and exclusive amenity kits with products from Soho House & Co’s Cowshed Spa.
United Economy Plus offers additional legroom and increased personal space. Located near the front of the economy cabin, the seats give the added benefit of allowing a swifter exit from the plane on arrival.
United Economy offers complimentary food, soft drinks, juices, beer and wine, tea, coffee and inflight entertainment. Additionally, the seats feature an adjustable headrest and a personal on-demand entertainment system.
United’s 787-9 Dreamliner Experience
The Boeing Dreamliner is revolutionising the flying experience for United customers and crews while delivering unprecedented operating efficiency, comfort and lower emissions. Customers experience greater comfort with improved lighting, bigger windows, larger overhead bins, lower cabin altitude and enhanced ventilation systems, among other passenger-friendly features. The aircraft’s use of lightweight composites, together with its modern engines and improved aerodynamic design, allow it to fly farther, faster and more efficiently than similar-sized conventional aircraft.
United in Australia
United started service to Australia in 1986 and today operates daily nonstop flights from Sydney to its San Francisco and Los Angeles hubs. United also offers daily nonstop service from Melbourne to Los Angeles. United operates all flights between Australia and the U.S. with Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft.
United in Houston
United has operated for nearly 50 years from its hub at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. United and United Express offer nearly 500 daily flights to more than 170 destinations around the world, including top business and leisure markets in Asia, Europe and the Americas. The Houston hub is United’s premier gateway to Latin America, serving 51 nonstop destinations across Latin America and the Caribbean. United is also one of Houston’s largest employers, with more than 14,000 Houston-based employees.
United customers are seeing a big transformation in Houston with its $277 million investment in the new Terminal C North with roomier gate areas, the latest technology and chef-inspired dining choices. In 2017, United and airport hospitality group OTG opened Terminal C North with five new elevated dining and retail experiences. United and OTG will start introducing more new food and retail concepts in Terminal E beginning in September.
Polaris Business Class
- Named after the North Star, Polaris is the shining new star of business class travel that flyers can turn to for a tranquil and restful journey. This completely reconceived experience exemplifies the new spirit of United and the innovation, excitement and operational momentum across the airline.
- The United Polaris experience is the result of more than two years of research with hundreds of customers and front-line employees. Through seat testing and simulated flights, with more than 100 product evaluations and more than 12,000 hours of research, United learnt that, to their customers true comfort and the ability to sleep on board are what matter most.
- Every detail – as large as an entirely new menu created with The Trotter Project’s critically acclaimed chefs and as small as under-ottoman stowage for a purse or computer bag – has been thoughtfully created.
- The United Polaris experience will distinguish United from other airlines in the following ways:
- Elevated Service: United are transforming their international business class experience to provide customers with truly best-in-class service.
- Every decision related to the development and implementation of United Polaris was rooted with customer feedback in mind. United Polaris business class will include improved flight attendant service procedures for greater efficiency, including a shorter meal service so customers can have more quality sleep time.
- In collaboration with The Trotter Project, United crafted more than 1,900 new food and beverage items. That includes 240 new entrees. Customers may also choose from a variety of a la carts snacks at any time during the flight, and select flights offer hot snack options like lobster mac and cheese.
- United is also excited to offer a new specialty beverage service: Flights departing in the morning offer handcrafted mimosas and Bloody Marys. Flights departing in the afternoon or evening offer a customizable wine flight.
- Customers will also enjoy bedding designed exclusively for United by Saks Fifth Avenue including new duvets, day blankets; mattress cushions; and large and small pillows available for each customer. Cooling-gel memory foam pillows are also available by request, as are pajamas (on flights longer than 12 hours). United’s new amenity kits feature Cowshed skincare products, an ergonomically designed eye mask and a calming lavender-scented pillow mist.
- And finally tranquil Lounges: United Airlines have introduced new dedicated Polaris Business Class lounges that will provide an oasis to relax and even enjoy a full preflight meal so customers have more time to sleep on board. Lounges also offer shower facilities featuring Cowshed products, and private day beds for resting. Private seating stations with pull-out desks and integrated power offer customers a quiet place to get work done.
- The first United Polaris lounge has already opened in Chicago O’Hare with the rest set to open at United’s hubs of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Houston, Newark and Washington DC in 2018.
Ask us about the latest fares, schedules and availability to get you there. We can also help you with tours, car hire, accommodation and exclusive Virtuoso benefits!
Register now and one of our expert consultants will be in touch with you shortly to discuss all of your travel needs.